Welcome to All Access at Berkeley Lab. All Access is an employee resource group that advocates for a more accessible laboratory in design, in spirit and in operation.
We work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all employees and visitors, and to serve as an information source for applicants, staff, recruiters, managers and supervisors who have questions about disabilities, support and accommodations.
In this way, we seek to increase participation of individuals with disabilities, whether visible or not, in our community, and to build understanding and appreciation of challenges these people face. We see ourselves as part of a larger effort to build a more inclusive, fair and respectful community, knowing that when improvements are made to help one group, everyone benefits.
We will do this through such actions as:
- Advocating at all levels for greater accessibility and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Learning about and implementing best practices
- Reaching out and collaborating with other lab groups, organizations and the broader community to leverage our resources
- Communicating with the lab to raise the collective awareness about inclusion
- Striving to become a leader for disability inclusion in the DOE and national lab community
Organization and Leadership
All Access is a Berkeley Lab employee resource group (ERG), an association of employees who are organized around a primary diversity dimension that furthers Berkeley Lab’s business goals. ERGs receive formal recognition, as well as financial support from their executive sponsors. ERGs promote opportunities for professional growth and development, provide an opportunity for informal networking, and support the Lab’s vision and values.
All Access Officers
Co-Chairs – Betsy MacGowan, Computing Sciences and Misha Gonzalez, Facilities
Secretary – Kat Wentworth, Operations
Rotation Scribe – Gayle Tornberg, Human Resources
Treasurer – Micah Liedeker, Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Kathy Yelick, Computing Sciences