All Access, Berkeley Lab’s Disability Inclusion Employee Resource Group, is sponsoring multiple showings of the documentary “Lives Worth Living” as part of Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month in October.
“Lives Worth Living” traces the development of consciousness of these pioneers who realized that in order to change the world they needed to work together. Through demonstrations and inside legislative battles, the disability rights community secured equal civil rights for all people with disabilities. Thanks to their efforts, tens of millions of people’s lives have been changed.
The film will be shown on
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 12 noon at JBEI, Rooms 4132 & 4134, in Emeryville
- Thursday, Oct. 6, at 12 noon in the Bldg. 50 auditorium
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, at 12 noon in the Bldg. 66 auditorium, and
- Friday, Oct. 21, at 12 noon at Bldg. 971 (OFCO) in Emeryville.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 12:30 p.m. at JGI, room 149, in Walnut Creek
Members of All Access will attend each showing to answer questions about the group and how lab employees can help make our lab more accessible for all.